Apple Graham Bette
A traditional apple dessert with a graham twist, named after my grandmother
Credit: Kp Clark
- 5 Cups Sliced Apples ( I like Granny Smith)
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Stick of Butter cut in to squares.
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Caramel Sauce
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Peel and slice 4 cups of apples and mound in a deep dish pie plate.
- Pour 1/4 cup of orange juice over the apples.
- In a stand mixer add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and butter(add pecans if using), mix till it becomes crumbly.
- Pour crumble mixture over the top of apples. Spread out evenly. Place pie plate on cookie sheet. 6. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes depending on oven(less for convection). Bette should be done when the topping is brown and the apples are bubbling.
Serve warm with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a scoop of ice Cream.